Sprint 19 – Slowly fast
Hey! how’re you?
My full time job is chaotic at the moment, so whilst I have worked on SoSa this sprint, i’ve not had nearly as much time as I would have liked and decided against doing a release this sprint just to make sure i’m delivering something of value!
I’ve still make great progress and I hope you think so too!
- Sprint 1 – The Foundations
- Sprint 2 – The ummm Foundations?
- Sprint 2 – Nerd Ramble
- Sprint 3 – Cooking with matches!
- Sprint 4 – Now We’re Cooking With Gas!
- Sprint 5 – Robot Uprising
- This Is Not the Sprint You’re Looking For
- Sprint 6 – That’s a Weird Looking Patronus
- Sprint 7 – Corona Stole My Title
- Sprint 8 – Adventure Time!
- Sprint 9 – Now In Technicolor
- Sprint 10 – Refinement
- Sprint 11 – Motion In The Ocean
- Alpha Release 1.0.3
- Sprint 12 – No Rest For The Wicked
- Alpha Release 1.0.4
- Sprint 13 – I Need a Break
- Alpha Release 1.0.5
- Sprint 14 – Just James Things
- Sprint 15 – Wearing My Heart On My Sleeve
- Alpha Release 1.0.6
- Sprint 16 – Warm Up
- Alpha Release 1.0.7
- Sprint 17 – Coffee’s back on the menu!
- Alpha Release 1.0.8
- Sprint 18 – We’re on fire!
- Sprint 19 – Slowly fast
- Sprint 20 – Let’s get Nerdy
- Alpha Release 1.0.9
- Sprint 21 – We’re back!
- Alpha Release 1.1.0
- Sprint 22 – You Look Cute Today
- Alpha Release 1.1.1
- Sprint 23 – Sausage Smuggler
- A SoSa Retrospective
- Sprint 25 – I am SoSa and don’t call me Shirley
- Sprint 26 – The best laid schemes of mice and men
- Sprint 27 – Vogue, Strike a Pose
- Sprint 28 – a New Hope
- I Couldn’t Think Of a Title
Sunday 18th October 1900-2100 GMT / 1200-1400 PT / 1500-1700 ET
It’s been months since we played golf with friends so I thought it would be a nice change!
Don’t have it? Don’t worry!
If you’re going to get involved and want a copy, Give me a shout and i’ll buy you a copy 🙂
Our average search position has gotten a bit worse again from 22.7 last sprint to 24.1 this sprint, our impressions are up from 1.71k to 2.03k and our click through rate has gone up from 2.3% to 2.7%!
Our domain authority is back up to 23 from 22!
Social Logins should register
A few weeks ago, you may remember I sent out a survey asking for everyone’s opinion on how our onboarding / registration process should go.
One question was, if you’ve never registered and you use a social network on the login screen. Should it register?
Your response was really clear, that’s what the majority wanted.
But there were still a few who didn’t want that and I don’t want to ignore their voice if there’s a happy medium… which is what i’ve found!
So now, when you try to login and the account doesn’t exist – it’ll ask you if you want to register!
A few sprints ago, I introduced you to “botface”, an api which allows you to generate a face for your bot! I started having a go at designing the page myself but decided instead to reach out to a designer and have them do it.
We had our first call this week and she has already come up with wireframes and a bunch of ideas!
We will work together to find a design that works and then in a few sprints time, i’ll build the site!
Extending of the Client library
Now that we’re moving away from just the chat server and client, I’ve started extending the client to work with different features as well as integrating our login and registration system in the library.
This sprint, I spent time extending the client library to work as a more general purpose library. Later down the line this will be used for the website and desktop applications too.
But also make it easier for third party developers to integrate with us or make their own apps! I even imagine community specific apps for particularly large communities that want to have a super focused approach to their community.
I wanted to improve how much load the Botface generator could handle so i started doing some load testing this sprint.
Nothing crazy, but knowing it can generate 1000 botfaces a minute is good news and allows me to investigate bottlenecks and fix them before we go live live!
Love you lots!