Development Blog: Week 32
Updates from 6th Nov – 13th Nov 2017
The iOS app is ready to be posted to the store now! yay!
I’m having some minor problems with the Facebook login but that’ll be solved this week.
Over the next three weeks, I am aiming to have the website almost completely rebuilt. A new, modern bootstrapped look and feel, much easier and customise-able interface, a single screen approach and a full newbie flow. This will solve a lot of problems we have with what is essentially a 3 year old layout + design and allow us to welcome new users through advertising 🙂
I am really excited to show you what we have been working on and I hope you love the concept as much as us.
Check out the last development blog here
- Investigated issue with PM’s and delayed notifications
Turns out GCM / FCM are not designed to be used for instant communication and most apps like WhatsApp / Facebook use a socket / push notification hybrid so that’s added to my list.
- Stopped notifications for content previews going to the apps (added filtering on sockets based on platform)
- Continued with chat 2.0
- Fixed two-step handshake so it doesn’t keep asking on the apps to verify their two-step (caching error)
iPhone App (Unreleased)
- Added view profile screen
- Added edit profile screen
- Made user context menu universal
- Finished integrating Push notifications
- Added Welcome “First time” screen
- Added two-step
- Prepared for release
- Battled with Facebook login dependencies